Lighthouse Statement of Faith
… There is only one true God who is the eternal King. Creator and Redeemer of all that is. He is perfectly holy, just, loving and truthful. He has revealed Himself to be eternally self-existent–one being in three persons: God the father, God the son, and God the Holy Spirit.
… The Bible to be the inspired and only infallible and authoritatvie word of God.
… Humankind was created in the image of God to know and enjoy Him yet we willfully rejected the Lordship and glory of God for which we were intended. Because of this, sickness, death and judgment entered the world and now creation experiences the effects and consequences of sin.
… The Lord Jesus Christ, the one and only Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and as God’s Anointed One, Empowered by the Holy Spirit to inaugurate God’s kingdom on earth. He was crucified for sins, died, was buried, resurrected, ascended into heaven, and is now alive today in the presence of God the Father and in His people. He is “true God” and “true man.”
… We are saved by God’s grace, through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Anyone can be restored to fellowship with God through repenting, believing and receiving Jesus as their Lord and Savior. The Holy Spirit convicts, regenerates, justifies, sanctifies and adopts us as we enter the Kingdom of God as His sons and daughters.
… In the ongoing sanctifying power the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life and minister supernaturally. The baptism of the Holy Spirit according to Acts 1:4-8 and 2:4 is poured out on believers that they might have God’s power to be His witnesses.
… The victorious redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides freedom from the power of the enemy–sin, lies, sickness and torment.
… The church consists of all who put their faith in Jesus Christ. He gave His church the ordinances of baptism and communion. The church exists to carry on the ministry of Jesus Christ and further advance His kingdom by undoing the works the enemy, preaching and living the good news of God’s love, discipling the nations, baptizing and teaching them to love and obey God.
… In the ever-increasing government of God and in the blessed hope, which is the glorious visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to rule and reign with His overcoming bride–the church.
… Heaven and hell are real places. There will be a resurrection of the saved and of lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting death.
Our Core Values
- Our first ministry is to God… Worshiping and loving Him (both individually and as a Church), spending time with Him
- Jesus died so we can be healed in every dimension, body, soul & spirit… When we are saved, we are set free from the power of the devil
- Everyone can hear the voice of God and walk in the fullness of the Kingdom with signs and wonders
- We are called to demonstrate God’s unconditional love & grace to everyone.
- Christ is returning for a glorious overcoming bride: His Church
- Worship –Our meetings are characterized by a time of corporate celebration of and rest in God’s goodness and holiness.
- Instruction –Our emphasis is on communicating the Truth of God’s Word to allow the Spirit to work it out practically in our lives.
- Fellowship –We believe that God desires that we love each other and, therefore, we reach out to each other in friendship and help.
- Evangelism –We consider it a privilege to share Jesus and his love for those who don’t know him through our words and, just as importantly, our lifestyles.
Decisions that Define Us
By David Crone, Decisions that Define Us , Chapter 1